CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Halloween and sugar induced dreams

With 4 witches and a resident superhero, hogwarts has nothing on our house. Scott wore his amish hat, but looked more like a cowboy wearing an amish hat.

We did trick or treating on our street last night and then went to the trunk or treat at the church. We came home with loads of candy and managed not to freeze while doing it. A fun time was had by all.

Now I have to tell you about my dream. I really think it was brought on by this post by Millie or maybe it was all that candy I had last night.

It was sacrament meeting and Brother Roberts was the second counselor in the bishopric. Sorry Jay, I guess you've been released. The bishop was still the same, and Scott was still the first counselor, darn, maybe next time I can release him. It was Bro. Robert's turn to conduct but, unfortunately he had hurt his leg and was unable to stand up to conduct. Rather then letting the bishop or Scott conduct, Brother Roberts had his youngest son do the honors.


He was sporting a huge afro and was quite irreverent in his manner of conducting. The bishop decided that Bro. Roberts needed to be taken home so he left saying he would be right back. I am not sure what happened to Scott, I don't really recall him in the dream after the bishop left.

In the meantime some strange man who had brought his own orchestra and chorus to "entertain" us took over the remainder of sacrament meeting. The music of choice was show tunes, but not anything I have ever heard before. Let's just say it wasn't exactly appropriate for church.

By the time the meeting was over I was disgusted, annoyed and wondered why no one else seemed to feel the same way I did about it.

Then I woke up. I was much relieved to know it was just a dream.

11 people have something to say:

wendy said...

I'm glad the trunk or treat went well, it sounded like lots of people were going. Sorry we ditched it! I wanna post some photos but blogger hates me this morning.

Cool dream! We could use a little more funk in our Sacrament Meetings.

Unknown said...

Everybody looks great! I love Halloween, I am sad to see it go. I dressed up as and Indian woman, as in a woman from India. S.A.M and I had a good time picking through the kids buckets after they went to bed.

Hey, did you see the pic of your long lost twin under your post about being weird? Same hair, same red sweater, looks like same time of year as your profile pic. Spooky, huh?

Amanda said...

a payne, yes I saw it. I thought it was great. I am near sighted too by the way. I have been thinking of doing a thursday 13 on 13 reasons a payne and I are related or something like that.

Wendy, I am sure your evening survived missing the trunk or treat. If we lived in your neighborhood we would probably opt out too. What were your kids by the way?

This sacrament meeting had a little too much funk! lol

Rosie said...

We could use a little excitement now and then in SM!

Thanks for reading my blog! I am still not sure why I do it!

Millie said...

LOL at your dream... isn't it funny, the things we dream about, and then wake up feeling so relieved that it was "just a dream"? Sometimes I wonder how we get any rest at night, while we're being annoyed, worried, scared, etc. in our dreams.

You guys all look wonderful. I love the Amish hat. We did the same thing (trick-or-treat and trunk-or-treat) in reverse order.

Dawnyel said...

I love the witchy pics!! :)
If only some sacrament meetings were that way! *sigh* LOL

nikko said...

Loved your dream! What a hoot! And your kiddos' costumes are adorable. Glad you had a good time and didn't freeze.

I LOVE your Halloween breakfast ideas. I'll have to remember that for next year.

Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

That's hilarious! And the kid's look fantastic. I forgot to take pictures last night so I have to dress them up again!

p.s. I only know one Amanda and she's awesome!

Super Happy Girl said...

Millie often inspires dreams, ever since she told me that story of the clowns and the pistachio pudding…more like a nightmare I’d say.

I hate dreams that seem so real, specially when they borrow things from real life (like the Bishopric being the same, almost).

Four witches, a super hero and an Amish guy. You all look cute :)

Becca said...

Your dream, I think I love it!! Sacrament mtg could use a couple of good show tunes now and again!

Anonymous said...

Cute witches and superman! I love that your husband was Amish for Halloween. He should have grown a beard though. There's nothing like doing a bit of religion swapping for Halloween. Our bishop came to our ward trunk or treat dressed as a Catholic bishop. Oh fun.