After girls night out I left the church and headed to meet several friends for a late dinner before we went to see Twilight. Jennifer, the gal who spearheaded the get together had put together a little gift bag for each of us. Inside were small items that related to each of the main characters in Twilight. It was so cute and creative. Unfortunately I left mine at the restaurant. :(
At 11:00 we headed to the movie theatre to get our seats. (It is a good thing the theatre didn't sell Junior Mints or else I would have eaten them, all! Instead I bought a box of chocolate covered peanuts thinking that I would wait until exactly midnight to eat them. I never did and the box is sitting in my fridge waiting until tonight. Technically I need to make it through the whole day.) It was fun to see so many women and teenagers that were there to see the movie. The excitement level was pretty high. When the movie finally started, everyone cheered.
**If you haven't seen Twilight yet, you might want to go see it before you read my review**
Now, I have to say that I did not have high expectations about this movie. I had seen several previews and scenes from the movie and I wasn't exactly impressed with them or the actors portraying the characters from the book. I was hoping that seeing the movie all together would change my feeling about it.
I read a Twilight review in my local paper this morning. I completely agree with what they said about the movie and couldn't say it any better. To read the review, go here. I am glad that I saw the movie and it was fun and exciting to go to a midnight showing. I've never done that before. However, I was disappointed in the movie and that they left so much out of it. If I was Stephenie I would be really bummed that they took a really great book and turned it into something very mediocre. There was so much great dialouge in the book that would have made this movie better. Of course, maybe they preferred to have the actors not do so much talking seeing as how they are not the best actors to begin with. Like the review said, if I had never read the book before and went to see the movie I would honestly wonder what all the excitement was about. That said, I am still glad that I went.


11 people have something to say:
That's too bad, Amanda! I'm glad you didn't get your hopes up because that would really have been a bummer. That's great that you had fun anyway! I can't wait to read the book :)
I didn't have my hopes up either, because there is no way to make a movie of a book, especially with the detail that Stephanie employs.
I liked the baseball scene and the fight scene in the dance studio.
I am glad I went, because I had my 13 y/o daughter and my 17 y/o son (he took the place of his girlfriend that has to work very early and couldn't come).
I agree with what you said. I was beginning to think it was just me, since everyone else said they liked it and I felt cheated- even with low expectations.
Hi Amanda,
Thanks for the warning. I'm glad that I'm going to see it tomorrow still, because it will be great to get out with the girls. Too bad that it isn't better than it was.
First of all, CONGRATULATIONS on making it the complete 21 days. (I hope you enjoyed those chocolate covered peanuts; ) You and mel are amazing--such self control.
Glad your night out with the girls was fun. I'm sorry you didn't like the movie. I actually thought it was pretty good. Sure there was a lot missing from the book, but I wasn't willing to sit there for 4 hours. (Too many movies now are so long, that I appreciated the fact this one wasn't)
wow...you made it...I am so impressed:) You are strong.
I agree with Yvonne, and am more on the I LOVED IT side:D I do agree the book was better.
What a fun night out with the girls!
Oh no your gift bag :(
Did you call the place? I bet they saved it for you.
"...if I had never read the book before and went to see the movie I would honestly wonder what all the excitement was about"
ITA 100%
I had fun, I love the book so so much. It had some good parts, some fun parts, I like the soundtrack which I'll be playing everyday until I get sick of it.
I think it was a fun movie, but if you didn't read the book you wouldn't get the big deal about it.
I still need to go see it but I am in no hurry. Now that I am a reader of books, I don't rush to see the movies they make out of them. The Da Vinci Code was a disappointment and I still need to rent the Kite Runner as I read the book 6 months ago, but I can't bring myself to it.
Ooh, I haven't seen Twilight yet, so I couldn't read your entire post. But I'm really excited to go in the next couple of weeks!
How fun that you had a girl's night out. That's a great idea to finish up projects too. I just finished up my Super Saturday project, but it was the one from LAST year. So it's only been sitting in my basement waiting for 14 months! ;)
I'll come back to finish your post once I've seen the movie. :)
Amanda, I miss you. I hope you're doing well! ***hugs***
seems likely that they will come out with a Twilight sequel pretty soon, there's a crazy lot of ticket sales at stake
Post a Comment