I really had a wonderful time! The best I have had in a long time. I don't remember the last time I have laughed that hard, that much, and for that long. It was something I really needed, to rejuvenate myself (if you can really do that with little to no sleep) and to spend a little time being just Amanda for a few days.
I had the privilege of spending 4 days with 14 other blogger friends. NCS went all out planning and preparing for our blog party. She even decorated her van to greet us at the airport.
From l to r: Carronin, Aubrey, Millie, Annie, Klin, NCS, Tori, Suzanne, Glittersmama, Me, Nobody, Carrot and last but not least, Elastic.
From l to r: Carronin, Aubrey, Millie, Annie, Klin, NCS, Tori, Suzanne, Glittersmama, Me, Nobody, Carrot and last but not least, Elastic.You wouldn't believe the looks we got while driving around in the Super Happy Girl blogmobile. It was hilarious being able to see their reactions! We could see them, but they couldn't see us.

This is where we stayed:

I shared a room with Suzanne, Nobody, Tori, Klin and NCS.

I loved every minute, even though I was quieter than most [like that was hard ;)] and just soaked it all in. I was finally getting all warmed up and feeling more comfortable and then it was time to go. I am really glad that I went and that I didn't pass up this opportunity. I am so grateful for my terrific husband for supporting me in my craziness and for my awesome friends who helped take care of my kids while I was gone. Thanks so much!
Now, a little about all my new/old friends:
Annie - Annie is a classy lady through and through with hair to die for. Annie was a lot of fun and kept us entertained Friday night with her blog questionathon. I enjoyed finally getting to meet her and see her fun personality in real life.
Aubrey - I didn't really know Aubrey before we went to Oregon. She is so sweet and I was so glad to have met her. She makes awesome waffles too. A word of caution, If you do ever hang out with Aubrey, don't keep her up too late. You might end up knowing more about Aubrey than you ever wanted to. ;) I'm just grateful that she didn't feel that comfortable with us.
Carrot - Awww Carrot. She is so funny. I have loved her blog for a long time and have enjoyed her sense of humor. It was fun to see her in real life and to ride in the carrot van. My favorite thing about Carrot is that what you see is what you get. No pretenses. Just honest to goodness Carrot. She is easy to love just the way she is. She was also the
Elastic - Elastic's is as entertaining in real life as she is on her blog. I admit I was a little intimidated to meet Elastic, only because I am so shy and she is such an icon in the blogging world. She was great and even said I was much prettier in real life. I guess I should stop posting goofy pictures of myself on my blog.
Glittersmama - I did not know glittersmama before Oregon. She was very sweet and fun. I wish that I would have more opportunities to visit with her. Glitter is a very lucky little girl to have such a sweet mama!
Heffalump - I did not know Heffalump either. Though I did not get to visit with her that much I can tell you that she is a fabulous cook and has the cutest little baby. I am still shocked that she is a mom of 6 kids, she looks so young!
Klin - I met Klin last year at the Utah blogfest. It was fun to see her again. She stayed in the same room I was sleeping in and didn't even complain when we stayed up too late. I got to spend some extra time with Klin on Monday after everyone left which was nice.
Millie - Millie's blog was one of the very first blogs I started reading. I am pretty sure that I met most of my blog friends through her. Millie is a very genuine, kind and loving person. I loved meeting her (I got to meet her kids too!) and seeing her cute smile (dimples and all) in real life. She is truly a sweetheart. I think that everyone needs to have a friend like millie!
Nobody - Oh my gosh! Nobody is somebody! Not only does she have the coolest screen name ever, but Nobody is so awesome. Nobody made me laugh harder than anyone else. I was immediately drawn to Nobody because of her fun loving personality. She has the greatest, most contagious laugh. Nobody was in our room too and I loved staying up late talking to Nobody. Nobody likes me! ;)
No Cool Story - NCS was a gracious and wonderful host. She was awesome to put this all together for us and to plan such a fun weekend! She is as cute and funny in real life as she is on her blog. We were lucky enough to meet her family and bask in their awesomeness as well. Her DH (daily hero) is an incredible cook and her kids were so sweet and so cute and so helpful! I need to know her secrets before my kids reach the teenager years!
Suzanne - I met Suzanne last summer too. I have been able to meet up with her a couple of other times since, including earlier this summer when I was in Utah. Suzanne is such a great friend! She is always considerate of how I am feeling and can remember everything I have ever said on my blog. Amazing! When I grow up I want to be just like her! It was great to see her again and to spend more time with her. Honestly if she wasn't there, I probably would have been too scared to go. She was my lifeline. :)
Tori - I also met Tori last summer before she moved back to Texas. Tori is so fun and the life of the party. I enjoyed spending more time with her and getting to know her better. Our time with Tori was very educational...."do ya'll know?"
Yvonne - I've wanted to meet up with Yvonne for some time now. I have enjoyed reading her blog because she is always so positive and happy and has a great attitude and view of life. She was all these things and so much more in real life! She is also quiet like me so we sort of sat back on the sidelines together and soaked it all in. I loved meeting her and being able to feel of her tremendously pure spirit! :)
Thank you to all of you for being part of such a wonderful experience! :) I will never forget it!
Stay tuned for more pictures. That is if I can get my computer to work. Ugh!


21 people have something to say:
Sounds fabulous! I am NOT missing out on the next one. No way.
My dimples appreciate it!
Amen on what you said about everyone else! It was a great group and you would have been missed!
Loved your "Nobody" paragraph :)
How fun for you guys!
Loved the recap!
I loved how you broke down your recap! So fun!
You gave really good descriptions of everyone. And thanks for saying such nice things about me. It makes me :)!
I'm so glad you got your recap up! I've been checking faithfully! :D
Oh man. Sounds like I missed out on a lot of fun!! Glad to see you had a good time.
I am so jealous! Glad you had a great time!
i loved your recap..so glad you liked my waffles! i so enjoyed meeting you amanda, you have such a calming presence to you. and you're BEAUTIFUL. i still wish we could have heard you sing..
WHAT!? You sing?
I'm so not talking next time. Not til you sing.
I love my name even more when you talk about it. It's just funny.
I'm an Amanda fan from here on out. I swear it's true. On Bret Michaels name, I will never stray.
I wish I would have had more of a chance to get to know you.
The next time that big of a group gets together we should have speed dating sessions (without the actual dating) so we can all get to know everyone better.
I'm really glad you made the trip out though...it was great to meet you.
utmommy: I thought the same thing last year, I was not going to miss it again! It would have been fun to have you there! :(
millie: Thanks! It was great to be there! :)
mary: It really was so much fun! :)
mel: THanks! Sorry you have had to read about it 15 times now.
suzanne: I obsess about my posts sometimes and it took me forever to write this one. I meant every word what I said though! :)
jody: Thanks for dropping in again. :) It was a blast!
nikko: Thanks! Ditto to what I said to mel, sorry you've had to read this a bunch! You are probably all thinking enough already. ;)
aubrey: You can keep going....My vampire power must be my calming influence. ;)
nobody: I can't tell you how much it warms my heart to know that Nobody is an Amanda fan! I don't know if I can take your word that you will never stray, especially when you threw in Bret Micheals name. ;) You never did say that I complete you.
And no, I can't sing. Well I do love to sing, but I'm not that good. They were commenting on my singing voice from church, but it was all exagerated! My talking voice is much better! :)
heffalump: I love the speed dating idea for next time! We did that for an enrichment night once and it was so much fun! Love it!
You did a great recap. I love and agree with all the descriptions. I'm so glad you were able to come!! YAY!!
Looks like you have more than three readers.
I was just reading Angela's paragraph about you and thinking that you are the Jasper of the group. :)
Such a wonderful recap. It was such a fantastic trip--I'm so glad you were there. I was so excited when I realized you were going.
I thought of you today when I saw the signs for Bismarck.
You really are a beautiful woman.
I've got to get my recap up. The one I did was too quick and in no way expresses how super glad I was to be there.
Millie has spotted you vampire power. That will come in handy in a couple of weeks ;)
What a fantastic recap.Yay! So glad to have met you. You are so sweet and fun.
ooh, I know where that is! :) strange, but I just got back from a vacation not to far from there. We were in Long Beach, just a little bit north. But Cannon is beautiful, is it not?
Great recap! :) Awww, you are so sweet talking about each one of us and even making Nobody sound normal!
;)
ITA with my Twin, thanks for coming.
You are so the best.
Am I the only one who picked out my own name first and then read everything else?
I'm kind of like you around new people. It takes me a little bit to get warmed up to them and that usually happens right at the moment it's time to leave.
I have loved reading all of the recaps! Glad you had a great time-I'm a need to warm up person, too. :)
Post a Comment