I was lucky enough to go on a date last night with my hawt husband! :)
He got a gift certificate to Red Lobster from work so we went there for dinner. I had one of their special selections, Macadamia Tilapia (can't remember the exact name), and it was to die for. It had a creamy sauce that was lightly sweetened with white chocolate. I know it sounds weird, but it was soooooo yummy. I actually just found this article (including recipe) online. Evidently it was created by a young lady from Odgen, Utah.
After dinner we went to see Dark Knight. Yvonne saw this movie last week and said one of the previews was for Twilight. I was ready to leave and get my money back when the movie started and no Twilight preview. Evidently Canada must be more special than little old South Dakota. ;) It turns out we should have left after the previews. I'm sorry if you saw this movie and really liked it, I did not. All I can say is that is 2 1/2 hours that I will never get back. Regardless, it was still a great evening out with Scott!
In other news, yesterday I was intrigued when I saw this tag line for an online news story, "Eclipse enthusiasts anticipate August". Imagine my disappointment when I clicked on the link only to find out that it had nothing to do with the release of Breaking Dawn next month, but rather a solar eclipse that won't even be visible from where I live. I need help!


16 people have something to say:
hi amanda ~
but glad you got to have a date night with your hawt hubby (who else? tee hee).
hubby and i saw the dark knight last weekend and my previews also did not include the twilight preview. but it had more previews than i have EVER seen before a movie. i figured they did that before SOOO many people want to see batman movies and you're a captive audience waiting for your movie to start.
i, too, did not like the dark knight. glad to see i am not the only one. i thought the movie dragged on and was just depressing. but hubby liked the movie (but he is a guy, what can i say?).
the only thing i liked about the dark knight was heath ledger did an amazing acting job as the joker. he was so convincing as a nutjob wacko bizarre guy. he got so into that role, he made me think he wasn't acting. i love it when an actor can pull that off -- get so into it that they seem to really be the role. i hope he gets nominated for an oscar. shame he died/wasted his life, but he went out with a bang. i don't agree with the movie and the role, but i was impressed at how he did the role.
next movie for me (for you), how about something warm and fuzzy and sweet? :)
great day to ya, kathleenybeany :)
Hmmm... I would never think of Macadamia and fish together and then topped with white chocolate... go figure. Some of the yummiest dishes are odd like that;)
What a good wife to go see "Dark Knight". I would've walked out after the lack of the "Twilight" preview. JK. Thanks for the heads up about the movie. I'll send my hubby out with his friends. hee hee.
"Eclipse enthusiasts anticipate August"... so funny!
I'm so sorry--I REALLY LOVED the movie. But, I guess that's what makes the world go round--we all like different things. I know it was dark. I was just so mesmerized my Heath Ledger's performance.
Sorry you didn't get Twilight, but I have to tell you some of my friends saw Dark Knight here after I did and didn't get the trailer either. (I'm glad Allan was with me or I would have thought maybe I flaked out for a bit ; ) (He saw it, too)
That tilapia sounds so yummy.
LOL at the "eclipse" comment ; )
My sister warned me about Dark Knight. I told James he has to go out with some guy friends to see it or go alone. I have issues with knives and I hear that their are a lot of knife fights! I am a Heath Ledger fan though, so I am intrigued to see his performance for my self. I'm not sure how intrigued I am though.
Sorry about the Twilight fiascos. I saw a trailer for it when I saw Prince Caspian. Hopefully that helps.
I saw Dark Knight on Friday and there was no Twilight preview either!! Whaaa!!!!
I liked the movie, but the Joker REALLY creeped me out. He kept doing that tongue thing...
I haven't seen it... but still want to! I love Heath Ledger. :)
I'm glad you had a nice date!
We saw dark night last night too. I too was a little disappointed. I loved the first one. This one was just more violent. Heath Ledger was amazing and the intricate story lines had me captivated.
I had no idea you were a twighlight fan too. Do I hear girls night out in December?
I was able to have a date night Friday too! I opted out of Dark Knight and we went to see Hancock instead...it was pretty good!
We rented (netflixed) Penelope and there was a Twilight preview AND scenes from "making the movie" I almost came out of my seat with excitment;D
Thanks for asking about my BIL, he is making small improvements...still in critical condition in ICU...we are all very hopeful.
I know lots of people have liked Dark Knight, but from what I heard I think I just wouldn't like it. Plus, I've never really been into Batman.
Yay for date night!
How funny about Eclipse! There are probably more people interested about the book than the actual eclipse. Sad, but soooooo funny! :D
kathleen: Yes, there were a lot of previews. It seems nowadays they have 15 minutes worth of commercials and previews.
mel: I know it sounds weird, but it was really very good! I don't know if we would have seen Dark KNight if I didn't push it. The only reason I pushed it was because of the Twilight preview that I didn't even get to see. :(
Yvonne: I'm glad that you liked it. I guess it was alright, it may have been because it was so late and I was so tired. Who knows...
mary: Good idea to send James along. :) Prince Caspian, I might have to go see that now. ;)
tori: Sorry you didn't get the preview either. Yes, the tounge thing was creepy! I do admit his peformance was good, but I still didn't like the movie overall.
chel: Thanks! I hope you enjoy it. :)
heather: The story lines were dizzying! I think I must have been too tired to try and follow along with it. I think that and the violence were why I didn't like it. YES!!! We will definitely have to have a girls night out in December! :)
pj: Glad to hear you BIL is improving. I imagine this must be such a trying time for your family. I'm glad that you were able to still get a date. Hancock was good. I WILL be renting Penelope very soon. ;)
suzanne: I usually don't mind action movies. I know I'm strange, but I just didn't care for this one. I imagine I was not the only one who thought the Eclipse they were talking about had nothing to do with the sun.;)
I've been wanting to try that dish ever since I saw it on the food network, maybe next weekend.
Sounds like a fun date!
When I saw Batman they didn't show the Twilight trailer either. I am glad I didn't know Yvonne had seen it, I would have been livid!
Didn't you think Heath Ledger was awesome...even if you didnt like the movie???
Sorry you didn't like the movie. DH saw it and loved it. My kiddos loved it too. I haven't seen it yet.
Date nights with hubby's are always nice.
Can't wait for Breaking Dawn!!!
I heart Coconut Shrimp!
Okay then, I will not go see Dark Knight... so glad you posted about that. And the fact that you didn't get a Twilight trailer makes me even more angry for you.
I am cracking up about the Eclipse news clip mix up.
You guys were robbed!! I did see the trailer before Batman.
"I was ready to leave and get my money back when the movie started and no Twilight preview." HAHAHA! This totally made me laugh.
SOrry you didn't like it. I did :D
I hope we can still be bestest blog friends.
Go team vampire! :E
Post a Comment