Last week was the kids last day of gymnastics for the school year, and possibly forever. We've been involved in gymnastics for 3 years now and our kids have really loved it. It has kept us busy and has been a very positive experience for our kids. Unfortunately it is time to say goodbye. We have decided that it is time to let the kids try out other things.
I do admit that gymnastics has caused me great anxiety over the last couple of years. Between spending 3 hours every Wednesday at the gym and the mad dash afternoons trying to get everyone ready and out the door, I have turned into a mean mom on more than one occasion. So it is with mixed feelings that we say goodbye to gymnastics. In some ways I am relieved, in other ways I am sad. Just last night Kim and Kay were playing on the floor showing off their skills. Both of these little girls are strong and tough. Jordan has also gained amazing upper body strength and coordination. Gymnastics has been really good not only physically for our kids, but has helped build their self confidence as well.
A year or so ago my husband installed a 'pull-up' bar in our basement. The kids love it and this has helped build up their strength as well. After Scott put it in I figured I could do at least one pull-up. I mean how hard can it be? Really hard! I still can't even do one. They make it look so easy!
Kaylynn, Jordan and Kimberly - just hanging out
On our last day of gymnastics I got some fun pictures of the kids.
Kimberly
Kaylynn
Megan on the bar
Jordan with his coach Tim
It's been fun while it lasted. It will be exciting to see what other adventures our kids will enjoy.



7 people have something to say:
I can understand your mixed feelings! Glad your kids enjoyed gymnastics. :o)
It's always sad to leave the 'known', but hopefully you'll all enjoy whatever they decide to do next!
**love your new template! :)
I love new adventures. I tell people my kids are well rounded and have a little experience in lots of stuff. That way when they get to high school they can choose what they want to do and be.
Shhhhh. I know it's baloney, but it sounds good.
I, too, can become a mean mom when we are really scheduled and kids are moving not as fast as I want or need. It is fun to be watching them as they learn and grow, though.
I miss gymnastics now that Izzy stopped doing it. It's so fun to watch and amazing to see the skills they learn. But, it's good to let the kids try all different things.
I can't do a pull up either.
I can't do a pull up either. How sad.
Sounds like gymnastics was a fun thing for you guys. Hopefully your next adventure will be just as fun:)
Hey Amanda,
To change the size of the font you can go to your layout and then to "fonts and colors". There is a little scroll box on the left hand side. If you scroll down you will see font size, and you can change it to however big or small you'd like.
*Leelou*
I'm glad gymnastics was a good experience for them, but I'm sure whatever they choose to do next will be great, as well.
I don't think I could do a pull up either.
Post a Comment