
I read this in our newspaper the other day. A man was awarded a large sum of money ($11 million) in a lawsuit against a church from Kansas. Outrageous you say, maybe, but this church is way out of line. The church members (including children) have been going across the US, including Rapid City, protesting.
(To read the article go here. Make sure you check out the picture that goes with the article.)
I'm all for free rights and freedom of speech, but this is taking it too far! Who protests at a funeral, especially the funeral of a soldier who died while fighting for the very freedom which they are abusing? It's not like they are protesting the war either. They take the opportunity to protest at funeral's of soldiers killed in the war to share their views about h0m0s3xuality. That's right. They claim that the war is God's way of punishing America for it's "tolerance of h0mos3xuality". It gets better. The leader of this group of protesters is actually a pastor of a church.
Maybe it's just me, but I figured a pastor would be a person that would exhibit Christlike qualities and emulate the service and love that Jesus Christ Himself exemplified while He ministered on earth. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems to me that what these people are doing goes against everything that Christ taught. And they are doing it all in the name of God.
Enough said! I could go on and on. The more I think about this the madder it makes me. Grrrrrr!!!


17 people have something to say:
I watched something about this church on the news last nite. They've been to Utah soldier's funerals too. It's disgusting.
Tad award indeed. And maybe a nice, HOT reservation in hell...
The world is so sad. People think they are doing something noble and they can't see how wrong they are.
That is so sad. It makes me sick to think about those families, their grief coupled with all that extra garbage. It's horrible.
Angels above them are silent notes taking.... They'll get theirs someday.
There's a group of bikers who try to show up at military graveside services and keep those people away. Bless their hearts.
Ditto Elizabeth. Very sad and horrible!
I have heard of that and I think it is so odd. I mean, go ahead and protest the war, if you need to, but why is the gay stuff thrown in. I just don't get it. I did read about a group of harley riders who arrange to have their own guys there to block out the crazy homo church guy. so odd.
shoot should have read the comments before I posted. ditto to millie would have worked!
I was so happy when I heard the news! I was like YEAH! Take that jerks!! WOOO HOOO!
Those people are sickos, they have children holding their disgusting signs :P
Definitely TAD award stuff. I like your label "sick and wrong"!!!
I agree.
Inappropriate in EVERY way. Unbelievable.
I just don't get it.....I just don't. Seriously....I don't get it.
I second Tori's comment!
That is seriously sad. Why would they put that God hates f@gs??? If they understood anything about God, they would know that God doesn't hate anyone. How disrespectful to the fallen soldiers. This church is certainly deserving of the Tad Award!
Amanda, where are you??? I miss you, please come back! ***sniffles***
Yeah. I listen to a lot of talk radio and Mike Gallagher offered them an hour free air time if they promised not to picket outside the burials of the Amish schoolhouse shooting victims last year. The scariest thing is that the Phillips spawn are all pretty well-educated lawyers and they can articulate their bat sheet craziness in a deceptive way that masks their nuttiness.
I know exactly how you're feeling. Blog has become a love/hate thing for me.
Post a Comment