This morning, as I was putting on my makeup, I couldn't help but notice my bushy eyebrows were again taking over my forehead again. I am sporadic at best at getting my eyebrows waxed. I can't stand to pluck them and I don't like paying someone to wax them for me. My poor children are doomed to a lifetime of big bushy eyebrows, as they get it from both their father and their mother. Their Dad even has a cowlick in one of his eyebrows, not possible you say, believe me it is true.
I was never taught the finer points of makeup usage by my mother. My mom is not one to spend a lot of time on herself as far as makeup and fashion go. Unfortunately, this trait was passed onto me. Whatever makeup knowledge I posses I have gained on my own, mostly from trial and error, I still have no fashion sense. So what are my poor daughters to do? I often joke that I have a hard enough time doing my own hair and dressing myself, what am I supposed to do with 3 girls? I know there are a couple of ladies in my ward that would have sooooo much fun "playing" with my girls and dressing them up and teaching them all this fun stuff that their own mother doesn't have a clue about. Are they doomed to a life of bushy eyebrows, bad hair days and no clue about fashion?
I was never taught the finer points of makeup usage by my mother. My mom is not one to spend a lot of time on herself as far as makeup and fashion go. Unfortunately, this trait was passed onto me. Whatever makeup knowledge I posses I have gained on my own, mostly from trial and error, I still have no fashion sense. So what are my poor daughters to do? I often joke that I have a hard enough time doing my own hair and dressing myself, what am I supposed to do with 3 girls? I know there are a couple of ladies in my ward that would have sooooo much fun "playing" with my girls and dressing them up and teaching them all this fun stuff that their own mother doesn't have a clue about. Are they doomed to a life of bushy eyebrows, bad hair days and no clue about fashion?
Maybe I need a payne to come spend a week with us and help me to overcome my obvious lacking in this area. Yes, that's it. I have the greatest idea for a new reality show. Instead of supernanny spending a week with you and your unruly children, teaching you the finer points of raising said children, Hot Fruita Moms to the Rescue can come and teach you the finer points of fashion, hair and makeup!! Isn't that the greatest idea ever! I would totally watch that show.


12 people have something to say:
So in the same boat as you. My mum barely uses any makeup...was just never very girly in that respect (plus she has a lovely complexion).
I always felt like I missed out...probably why I wanted a sister. Too bad she came out as a tomboy. ~sigh~
And I would so watch that show too!
I'd so sign up for that show! I have 5 girls and one tube of mascara and that is dry and gloppy both! I need to improve in that "even an old barn looks better with a coat a paint" way!
I'd totally watch that show too. I'd even cry at the end when the BIG 'reveal' happens :D
HFM could sign off by saying something deep like "This is A Payne Feng Shuing you to a better life!".
I can't do hair to save my life. No cute ponytails, braids or updos for my daughter. Oh well, probably my gifts lay elsewhere.
WV: nmybed (YES!)
I am SO with you. I hate my eyebrows. But, both times I have had them waxed, they BURNED my eyelids. So... it's back to tweezing for me.
Hair and makeup was never a big thing at our house growing up. Whatever we (I have two sisters) learned, we learned somewhere else or from each other. The only make up I've ever seen on my mom was some mascara about 20 years ago, and she's had the same hairdo for the same 20 years.
On the other hand, I would love some girly hair to play with. I think I would be all about french braiding and pigtails!
My mom NEVER wore make-up and I have learned everything trial and error also! I like to have mine waxed, but I am really too cheap to do it, so now I pluck-sometimes more faithfully than others. (by the way...my eyebrows have cowlicks, too--I got that from MY dad!)
You are on my friend. I am so there. But, you and your girls look beautiful to me.
I had bad experience with eyebrow waxing. I broke out between my eyes after I did it. I am strictly a plucker now.
LOL!!! I'm with you on not knowing the finer points of makeup. I still feel like I put my eyeshadow on wrong after all these years, but makeup wasn't big in my house growing up either. If I ever have girls, I'm seriously going to need some help!
It seems Wendy taught me how to do makeup. I remember her taking me to a nearby Gotschalks department store and helping me buy powder and maybe there was a bonus gift and I got blush or something. But beyond her sweet big-sister training, makeup is hit and miss with me. You would think growing up in a family of 7 girls that we would all be hair and makeup pros, but not so! I can't even french braid hair!
I really like to wear mascara because I like my eye lashes, but rarely wear it these days.
Eyebrows. I have had them waxed once and thought it was great. So fast and easy! But I'm lazy and who wants to go get those done regularly? So I pluck just to maintain things when I realize I've got a forest growing.
I look forward to A Payne's helpful hints show ;)
I pluck. I'm scared to get them waxed, but hae seriously considered it.
Holy smokes, yesterday I got my eyebrows waxed. I don't know what they did differently, but I have red rashes, and bumps everywhere. I look very scary. I didn't even go to church today. Not because I'm vain or anything. I threw up, honest.
Thanks for the great comments. I am glad to know I am not alone in my eyebrow hair growth problem.
carrot, the last time I got my eyebrows waxed I was supposed to sing that night at Stake conference. Luckily the redness and swelling had gone down a lot by then. :(
buy cheap viagra soft viagra benefits viagra attorneys viagra discount no prescription viagra cheapest viagra in uk buying viagra in uk free trial of viagra cialis v s viagra effects of viagra on women cheap cheap viagra women does viagra work viagra overdose viagra for sale without a prescription
Post a Comment