
Despite my bad attitude and my lack of desire to go, our family went to a local lake yesterday. We were invited to go waterskiing with some friends from church. I think my problem was hormonal, not to mention the fact that the temperature was only a few degrees higher than the temp of the water. The high yesterday was only 70 degrees, the temp of the water was 66 degrees, brrrrrrrr.
A fun time was has by all. My bad attitude quickly changed and I was able to enjoy myself. I even got in the water and got up on water skis, something I haven't done for about 10 years. Unfortunately I have no pictures because we forgot the camera. I found this picture online of the lake that we were at. Isn't it beautiful?
So water skiing was fun. It took me a couple of trys to get up and if I tried to go outside of the wake I was toast. It wasn't really bad being in the cold water, that is until I got OUT of the cold water.
It was fun to spend some time with some of the ladies in our ward (church) and get to know them a little better. The last time I went to a lake with church friends was in my singles ward before my mission. This time was much different. No more trying to impress the guys or worrying about the flab on my legs. No, this time I was only worrying about the flab and dimples on my legs and the strech marks that have been added in recent years.
The kids had a great time playing in the water on the beach and riding the tube behind the boat. I wish I had pictures to share. One of our friends brought a camera and promised to email us some pictures, so I will add them when I get them.


1 people have something to say:
I'm glad you actually got into the water even if it was a bit chilly. The lake does look beautiful!
Here's hoping the church "lake friends" will bond with you and your family in a different way now that you have spent time together just playing!
Post a Comment