
Hmmmmm, 7 weird and/or random facts about me....
1. As a child I loved to collect rocks. (Kaylynn is much the same. Everywhere we go she usually brings home a rock.) One day I came up with the brilliant idea of displaying my rock collection for all to see, for a small charge. So instead of a lemonade stand, I had a rock display. Needless to say, I did not make any money. I think my Grandpa, who just happened to be visiting at the time, was the only one that actually paid money to look at my rocks.
2. If that wasn't enough to show what a nerd I was as a child, I also came up with the brilliant idea of having a 'library' in my room. I had a long dresser that I covered with books and would allow my family to 'check' them out. I even had cards inside the books that they could write their names on and the date they were due back. I don't actually recall anyone visiting my library.
3. One year, I think I was in 7th grade, I decided that I could save money to buy Christmas presents for my family. The way I saved money was by using the money that my parents gave me for school lunch to buy only a can of root beer and a Twix candy bar. I would save what was leftover for Christmas (which I really don't think was that much). I am sure that I stunted my growth that year.
4. I once broke the same tooth 3 different times. The first time I broke the tooth was when my brother and I were playing near a seesaw. Somehow I ended up with my face over one end of the seesaw while my brother was at the other end of the seesaw. He lifted it up and smacked me in the mouth breaking one of my front teeth. I made him dig in the sand to help me find my tooth. The second time I broke it was in a bike accident in which I flipped over the handle bars of my bike and landed on my face. The third time I had a pair of binoculars around me neck that my sister wanted. She was taking them off when the binoculars swung and hit me in the mouth breaking the same tooth yet again. It seems like the tooth stayed broken for awhile after that. I think my parents got tired of fixing it only to have it broken again.
5. I grew up in a small town in Utah. My siblings and I had to be creative in coming up with things to do. I have many great memories of playing and spending time with them on our many adventures together. One game that we used to play was "Red Light, Green Light". I know that this is a common childhood game, but we would play it in the middle of the street using an actual stoplight that was several miles down the road from our house. On a good day you could see all the way to it and see when the lights changed color. We would sit on our bikes and "go" when the light was green and "stop" when the light was red.
6. I love to sing, but am not the greatest singer. I love to sing along to the radio. On occasion I have been known to break out in song (real or made up) at home. However I am not so good at remembering lyrics on my own. Often my songs have lots of "nuh nuh nuh" or "da da da da". For example my children think that the Winnie the Pooh song goes like this:
da da da da da da da da da da da da
Winnie the Pooh, Winnie the Pooh,
da da da da da da da da da
7. Going along with the above train of thought, I also love to dance, if you can call it that. I have to say that I can probably sing better than I can dance. Dancing for me is more of something I do at home, by myself when I feel the urge. Usually when a song comes on the radio or I am listening to one of my favorite CD's I just have to get up and move. It is also a really good way to make my kids laugh or smile when they are grumpy or feeling blue. Nothing like seeing mom making a fool of herself to lighten anyone's mood!
Phew! That was painful. It literally took me all day long to come up with 7 things to write about. Now I am supposed to tag 7 people, but again I am going to be a party pooper. If you would like to do this meme please go ahead, just let me know so I can come and read it.


9 people have something to say:
Loved reading your answers. Not sure if I'll do it or not. It does look like a lot of thinking. ;)
That was a fun read, I'm glad you came up with all seven:)
I love the red light, green light.
I love to dance with my kids too, I don't do it enough. thanks 4 the reminder!
You mean that is not how the Winnie the Pooh goes? Your version of Red light Green light sounds like super fun.
That was fun to read!
We (me and hubby) like to sing and dance in public to embarrass our kids. It's great being the parent!
LOVE the red light/green light story. What small town did you live in?
Also, the saving the lunch money story was very sweet.
Fun! My favorite is playing red-light-green-light with an actual traffic light!
You mean those aren't the words to Winnie the Pooh ; )
Those were fun things.
The library and rock display were pure genius!!!
And I am jealous of your real life red lite, green lite!
I'm with Yvonne, those aren't the words to Winnie the POoh?
That is so cute! I would have checked out books from you! :) My siblings and I used to play library and school when we were little. Good times!
Post a Comment