
I found this story in our newspaper this morning. Go read it and then come back....
There is hope for me this holiday season. I really can have my cake and eat it too. I just have to wait to eat it for awhile. I think I can handle that. The problem is my good friend Kendra brought over donuts today, and I already ate 2. Or maybe it was 3. I really don't remember. I think I am in a high fat, sugar induced semi-coma that is causing me to hallucinate and therefore I am NOT responsible for my behavior.
There is a point to this, I promise. I was thinking that I could take the advice in this article and put it to the test. (Starting tomorrow of course because I blew it today with the donuts.) I already joined a gym last week and I start going on Wednesday. This is perfect. I can exercise and watch what I am eating and lose weight and then I can gain it all back in time to do it all over again at the start of the New Year. Doesn't that sound fun and exciting?!? Does anyone want to join me?
For real, okay I will be serious now. I've been wanting to do this for a long time. I just lack the self-control and maybe if I share my struggles here I can be more accountable and have more self-control. So starting tomorrow I will keep a diet and exercise log on my blog. If anyone would like to join me feel free. Of course, this may all be caused by the afore mentioned coma, so don't be surprised if you see nothing tomorrow on my blog resembling a diet or exercise log.


10 people have something to say:
Oye - I've had a big eating day today, too. I will blame it on Hannah, who made me pancakes for breakfast. Mmmmm.
I am jealous of your gym membership.
Tomorrow is going to be a good day!
I read this as I'm inhaling muffins.
If you lived close to me I'd totally join you in exercising.
For you see, I need to do something like that, get off my behind and be active somehow.
One time, my husband signed me up for a gym (I asked me to). I never knew where it was located. That’s how lazy I am.
Avoid foods that are high in sugar and avoid white flour products. Shun breads, pastas, candy, cakes, cookies, white rice, etc
What?! that's like my whole food pyramid :(
Good goals...But I lack the motivation! (I'm not boo-hooing on your goal! If you are up for it, then GOOD FOR YOU! I applaude you, I just know I CAN'T do it!)
Wendy, that is so nice that Hannah made you pancakes!
no cool story, this is my second go around with this gym. I joined with a year membership almost 2 years ago and I believe I weigh more now than I did then. (I don't know for sure because my scale broke. lol) But this time I WILL take advantage of it.
dawnyel, I lack the motivation too. That is why I am trying ONCE again. ;)
I guess it helps to know that you can lose weight ANY time of the year - not just in January. :) Good idea, to lose it now so you can really pig out come holiday time.
Millie, I know isn't that comforting. That way I can enjoy the fudge, cookies, pie, and more fudge without feeling quite so guilty about it.
I was pregnant during the holidays last year and I took full advantage of the season, that's for sure! I'm worried about the coming holidays, but especially winter since it will be cold for a long time here and that makes for a bad combination - lots of comfort food, holiday food, and little opportunity to get outside for walking and jogging. That will make losing this baby weight more difficutl than when I had my first daughter. I suppose a gym would be great, but we're seriously too cheap for that :)
Hee hee...you're hilarious. I'm well familiar with sugar induced comas...I've spent large chunks of my life in them.
Weirdest coincidence...I'm starting a food journal today, and a good friend and are going to share journals with each other so we feel accountable to someone. Eating healthy to avoid feelings of shame? Well, whatever works, right?
Good luck!
You can do it! I've been on and off of the "diet" thing too. I hate to use that work though. I'm trying to have a "healthier lifestyle". Right?
I'm new to your site. I like it!
Post a Comment