CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Meet the teacher night



Tonight we had "Meet the teacher night" at the kids' school. It was nice to be back in the school again, especially after the vandalism this summer. It looked great considering what damage was done. Unfortunately the district had to use money that they otherwise could be spending in more productive ways, like well, educating our children. Instead of paying to repair the damage done by a couple of juvenile delinquents.

On a much happier note; Jordan is going to be in upper primary multiage this year. That means his class will be combined with 3rd graders, he is in 2nd grade. I have heard fabulous things about the multiage program, so at the end of last year I put him on the waiting list. I didn't really expect that he would make it by the beginning of this year. Jordan is a little hesitant about it because he won't be with the kids he was with last year. Most of the kids in his class this year were in multiage last year. He will do great though. He is a very social kid and has done so well in school. I think this will be really good for him. One of his teachers will be the teacher that Kimberly had for kindergarten last year who also happens to be the mom of one of Jordan's friends. He was pretty excited about that.

Kimberly and Kaylynn will be in different classes again this year. Neither of them will have the teacher Jordan had last year. They both wanted her so I am glad that one didn't get here while the other did. They were excited to see some familiar faces that will be in their classrooms next week. I was impressed by both teachers. These girls struggle a little more than their brother did at the beginning of first grade, but I believe they will do great.

Though I am anxious for school to get started it all seems a little sureal to me. Time just goes by so fast sometimes and I don't know if I like it. Not much that I can do about it but to just enjoy each moment.

6 people have something to say:

Chrissy said...

My children attend a very small school and the classes are combined with two grades in each class. It works very well for us. Good luck!

Code Yellow Mom said...

I can feel the back-to-school jutters just reading your post. It sounds like a great year ahead, though!

Code Yellow Mom said...

oops..I meant "jitters" :)

Millie said...

We had our back-to-school night last night, too. Can't believe it's that time of year again! Hope things go well for your kids this year. My 2nd grader is in a combined grade also and my good friend assured me (she's also a teacher) they only do this with really strong, solid kids.

Kristine said...

Good luck with the new school year and the transition back into the routine. We've been back for 2 1/2 weeks, and finally feel like we are settling in.

It sounds like your kids are in good places!

Amanda said...

Thanks chrissy, I am sure he will really like it once he gets into it.

code yellow, jutters, jitters, all the same I guess. ;)

millie, thanks for the vote of confidence. I really believe he will excel in this environment.

kristine, I hope after 2 1/2 weeks we will be back in the groove of things. It will be nice that I don't have anyone in kindergarten this year!